Sport psychology presents a special field in the counseling profession. It covers aspects of performance enhancing strategies, recovery and much more. Being an athlete is accompanied by unique psychological challenges. Struggles an athlete may endure are:
- high pressure situations in which quick decision making is required,
- balancing various relationships and life issues besides having to stay on top of practice and tournament schedules,
- ongoing high level performance requirements and following a certain food plus exercise routine
- special sport specific psychological pressures i.e. being sidelined, struggles with coach or teammates
- injuries which could end the sports career or a set back of goals
- burnout and loss of motivation
- or a loss of identity and grief after athletic retirement.
Whatever has led you to seek sports therapy and counseling, I will be able to provide support and relief. Having been a professional athlete myself I have experienced many of these issues and more. Now, I am following my passion in helping new, seasoned and retired athletes overcome these and other struggles by offering mental health/sports psychotherapy. My goal is to show you alternatives, help you get unstuck, reach your maximum potential and process upsetting memories that caused a decrease in your athletic performance . Contact me today to get started.
Let Kathrin Winkler Therapy, LLC help you reach your best performance
Located in Costa Mesa, CA